Target Audience: The NPQH is aimed at early years, primary, special and secondary colleagues who are, or are aspiring to become a headteacher with responsibility for leading across the school.
Facilitators: Outstanding senior leaders from the teaching schools
NPQ@teachingschools is a unique partnership of teaching school alliances in the wider Bristol area with a strong track record of delivering exceptional professional development. As a designated DfE licenced provider, the Bristol Primary Teaching School Alliance has worked with our partner teaching schools to create and deliver a new and innovative senior leadership programme designed by experienced, current school leaders in order to develop the potential of the talented and motivated school leaders across our region.
National Professional Qualification for Headship: NPQH
Who is it aimed at? Accredited by the Department for Education, this nationally recognised programme is aimed at early years, primary, special and secondary colleagues who are, or are aspiring to become a headteacher with responsibility for leading across a school. Applicants should be members of a school senior leadership team, deputy headteacher, assistant head teacher, or other relevant senior staff able to demonstrate aspects of headship through the assessment gateway.
Programme: Starting in the autumn of 2019, the NPQH programme takes around 18 months to complete and involves:
- 7 full day face to face core training sessions
- Choice of elective modules (½ day each)
- At least a 9 day placement in a contrasting school to plan and implement a whole school improvement project
- Self-directed professional reading and individual leadership profiling
- Support from a professional coach
- 2 half days preparation for assessment and presentation
During the programme delegates will develop their 7 leadership behaviours: commitment; collaboration; personal drive; awareness; respect; resilience and integrity. In addition, delegates complete and collect evidence against 6 areas of study:
- leading with impact;
- increasing capability;
- working in partnership;
- strategy and improvement;
- teaching and curriculum excellence and;
- managing resources and risk.
Where is the programme delivered? Delegates can access this programme at one of our regional hubs:
- Whitehall Primary School, Bristol
- St Peters CE Primary School, Portishead, North Somerset
- Corsham Primary School, Wiltshire
- Abbot Alphege School, Bath and NE Somerset
£1,950 per delegate Fees will be reduced to £1,560 for eligible participants/schools if you meet one or more of the following criteria:
- The applicant is from a school with more than 30% of children currently in receipt of Free School Meals (not Pupil Premium figures) as referenced on the latest DfE school performance tables website;
- The applicant is from a BME background
- The applicant’s school has <150 pupils on roll as referenced on the latest DfE school performance tables website.
OR a 10% reduction to full course fees will be applied to the second and subsequent applicants if more than one person from your school makes an application to participate in the same cohort of NPQH
In 2018-19 full course fees were reimbursed by the DfE for participants meeting the following requirements: this funding is also guaranteed to reimburse the course fees for those eligible for our autumn 2019 entry.
To apply, please visit: